1. The guy whose job it is to spray water over the veggies at the grocery store develops an 'attitude.' Why should he be charged as a petty criminal?
2. A writer scorned computers and used an old-fashioned machine on which to compose her less-than-literary compositions, which pandered to low taste but sold very well. What did she name the machine she wrote on?
3. What jazz singer did God use to create the world?
4. What do you call a reptile hired to look into mutual fund and stock market fraud.
5. What large extinct creature was probably named after the infected wounds of Victorian era female sibling authors?
1. Because of his mist demeanor - (Or 'Because he was misty meaner.' or 'He was Mr. meaner.) (By Gary Hallock)
2. A tripewriter (or A tritewriter) (By SRpunster)
3. Eartha Kitt (By Gary Hallock)
4. An invest-a-gator (By Stan Kegel)
5. Bronte sores (By Gary Hallock)
Buy my book!
Mundane Journeys through an Amazing World
begins with Interstate 80. Not the most engaging topic, I know, but when you think about it, I-80 runs all the way across the North American continent linking San Francisco and New York. It's not just a ribbon of asphalt, it's a portal to far away, almost magical places.
My visits to major cities like Tokyo, London and Washington DC have been business affairs. I haven't rode a lot of roller coasters or ridden in open air buses, but I have visited with senators, bought yams from the back of a truck and barely escaped complete embarrassment when I was introduced to Matt Wiener in Vegas.
As I wrote the book I realized that over the years exotic, distant places have become more like the mundane places I've called home. But, as it turns out, there really aren't any mundane places, only mundane ways of looking at things.
If you have the cost of a latte and a Kindle, you can buy a copy at Amazon by clicking here.
Or buy it in print! Mundane Journeys Trade Paperback
Be sure to check out my blog at
-- maybe not as funny as the 5,000+ jokes here, but I ramble about life, technology and other things that make
the world... nutty.
Today's blog: Why I dropped out of Social Media
Follow @bissell and @jokeindex on Twitter